Traveling out of the country can be exciting, but it’s easy to let the thrill of getting to the beach allow you to forget important things. Here’s a list of travel hacks to remember before travel and while you’re on vacay!
- Bring a pen for customs forms.
- Bring small bills for tipping.
- Notify your credit card company/bank that you are traveling out of the country.
- Add international plan to cell phone.
- Download movies, shows or music before leaving home.
- Bring headphones.
- Fully charge electronic devices before departing.
- Bring large ziplock bag for wet bathing suits (if you forget, use a trash can liner from room).
- Set a backup alarm, so you don’t miss your flight.
- Don’t forget to pack some ibuprofen to avoid overpaying in the gift shops.
- Add a floaty to your keys, so they don’t float away into the waves.
- Keep beach essentials in your carry-on for easy access when you arrive.
- Know conversion rates before you go.
- Bring a basic first aid kit and tuck it in your beach bag.
- Bring a yoga mat for under your beach towel because it makes a great waterproof sand cushion.
- Bring a waterproof sleeve to store your phone.
- Consider bringing swim trunks with pockets.
- Pack a jacket for those long walks under the moon.
- Pack your own colorful beach towel.
- If you’re planning to bring your own golf balls, pack them in your checked bag.
- Before leaving hotel, if you have free room service and you will be at airport during meal time, order and take with you (bring ziplocks to pack food in).
- Leave the sand on the beach, or risk bringing home Carribe-bugs.
- Bring a sand-free bag to the beach.
- Remember ride-sharing apps aren’t common in the Caribbean.
- Learn a little of the country’s native tongue.
- Build a collaborative playlist of beach tunes with your friends.
- Change your lock screen to show your contact info in case you misplace your phone.
- Take screenshots of your travel documents.
- Stay hydrated! Drink water between alcoholic beverages.
- Whenever you go swimming, go with a friend.
- If you go scuba diving, don’t touch the reefs!
- Buy local gifts to add that special personal touch.
- Remember paradise even has a last call.
- If you’re planning a beachfront engagement, keep your engagement ring safe, but not in the room safe.
- Buddy up and reapply sunscreen every two hours. Real friends don’t let friends get sunburns.
Hopefully these tips will make your escape that much sweeter. Now get to packing!