The dreamy Dominican Republic is poppin’ full of thrilling excursions and jaw-dropping sites. Here are a few of our favorite things to do in Punta Cana.
1. Visit the Marinarium. Here you can swim and snorkel with sharks and stingrays. Yes, you read that right. They’re nurse sharks and stingrays that won’t hurt you. But with any wild animal, be careful, like don’t stick your fingers into their mouth. You can also cruise in the cove nearby while enjoying some adult beverages. It’s a blast.
2. Sail to Saona Island. Think of this as a getaway from the getaway. A meta vacay. Seriously, this is one island retreat that is so gorgeous that it your soul will shiver: crazy white sand, turquoise water and shady palms that all surround a natural swimming pool in the middle of the ocean. Look for the ginormous starfish. But don’t touch. We have to admit: this is one of the most fun things to do in Punta Cana.
3. Boogie in a Buggy. For a whole different kind of ride, take a seat and buckle up. With these rough and tumble vehicles, you can explore sugar cane plantations and rice fields. Get up close and personal with nature. This excursion is fab for taking snaps and Selfies. Your friends will be jealous. They’ll applaud your bravery. They’ll wish they were you.
4. Zip line in the Canopy. You know those flying dreams you’ve had? The ones where you’re sailing above the earth and feeling free? Now they can be a reality. Even if you’ve never had such a dream, you’ll love this: you’re literally sailing in the air from one platform to another over the lush tropical jungle. Don’t worry–you’ll be safely attached with climbing gear to the cables and yes, be expected to wear the lovely helmets. Bring tennis shoes, sun block and a wee bit of courage. That’s all you’ll need.
5. Jump into a James Bond Speed Boat. The spectacular coastline of Punta Cana, specifically, Bavaro Beach will be your backdrop as you power along through crystal clear waters. You can drive one of these water rockets solo (one-seaters) or bring a friend/partner/spouse (two-seaters.) Perfect for adrenaline junkies or anyone who likes to live on the edge like Bond.
6. Dive into Laguna Guama aka Indigenous Eyes Ecological Park & Reserve. This oasis is a protected natural park with 12 fresh water lagoons that are connected by an underground river, a yauya, that flows into the sea. Don’t think, just jump. It’s more than awesome.
So beach lovers, while this list of things to do in Punta Cana is admittedly not exhaustive, it is enough to do on one very full Dominican Republic vacay. When you get to Punta Cana, you’ll no doubt discover even more terrific things to do. But how might you get there? So glad you asked.
Just call 1-800-915-3162 and one of our sea-phisticated Beachologists will work with you to create one heck-of-a delicious, all-inclusive getaway for you. Lucky for you there are two fairly new Sunscapes that are utterly sandsational: Sunscape Dominican Beach Punta Cana and Sunscape Bavaro Beach Punta Cana. If you want to explore all the vacation packages we offer to the Caribbean and Mexico by your lonesome, just go here. There are lots of rabbit holes you can fall into, so once you come up for air, remember: we’re here to make your beach vacation dreams come true.