Terms and Conditions
CHEAPCARIBBEAN.COM SUCK IT, STRAWS OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. DESCRIPTION/PROMOTION PERIOD: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The “Suck it, Straws Sweepstakes” begins on August 20, 2018 at 10:00:00 am Central Standard Time (“CST”) and ends December 1, 2018 at 11:59:59 pm CST (“Promotion Period”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is CheapCaribbean.com (“Sponsor”). The Website server’s clock is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The CheapCaribbean.com Suck it, Straws Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Prize winners must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of CheapCaribbean.com, Inc., (“Sponsor”) and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors and the advertising, fulfillment, and promotion agencies involved in the development and administration of the Sweepstakes (collectively “Promotion Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate. Void outside the U.S. and where prohibited by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter to win, participants must fill out the form on the official Suck it, Straws landing page (https://stories.cheapcaribbean.com/suck-it-straws/) during the promotion period.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the number entrant you are.
5. WINNER SELECTIONS AND NOTIFICATIONS: Potential Prize Winners will win via the first 1000 from all eligible entries received. Prize Winners will be mailed one (1) reusable straw within eight (8) weeks from their entry.
6. PRIZES: One Thousand (1000) prizes will be awarded in total. Prize includes: One (1) reusable straw with a value of $10. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $10.
General Prize Conditions: Total ARV of Prizes is: $10,000.00.
For all prizes, no cash equivalent, all prizes are non-transferable, and no substitutions will be made except as provided herein at the sponsor’s discretion. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Unclaimed prizes or unused prize redemption codes will not be awarded. Winners must accept prize as specified by sponsor or prize may be forfeited.
Prize Winners must reside within the 50 U.S./D.C.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By entering the sweepstakes, each winner grants Sponsor and/or their designees the right to use his/her name, biographical information, testimonial, photo and/or likeness and/or prize information or personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof) for advertising, publicity, promotional and other purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, stolen, misdirected, undelivered or garbled entries or for postage-due mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the Website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or Website, who are in violation of these Official Rules or who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes for any reason, including, but not limited to, should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, and, if terminated, at its discretion, randomly select the winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Entrants may not use any other device or artifice to register multiple times or as multiple registrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to register/play multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor has the right to change the Sweepstakes Period, and all other dates or deadlines set in connection with this Sweepstakes, at any time and in its sole discretion and notice will be posted on Sponsor’s website.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that the Promotion Entities, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) (a) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes related activity, or from entrant’s acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of a prize (including any travel or activity related thereto); (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
9. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state laws. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Bucks County, PA.
10. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, first-class stamped envelope to CheapCaribbean.com, Suck it, Straws Sweepstakes Winners List or Official Rules Request, 15725 Dallas Parkway, Ste. 150 Addison, TX 75001. Requests must be received by December 30, 2018.
12. SPONSOR: CheapCaribbean.com, Inc, 2003 S. Easton Road, Suite 100, Doylestown, PA 18901.