So what comes to mind when you think of luxury Caribbean resorts? Big, expansive and dripping in amenities? Small, boutiquey and tranquility on steroids? Whatever your definition of luxury, we’ve got it. Read and find your Beach Eden.
Big, Expansive and Dripping in Amenities
1. Secrets St. James Montego Bay, Jamaica. Off-the-charts aah-some. That’s the St. James. Starting with the palapa-clad private beach that’s kissed with hue after hue of heavenly blue, there are so very many divine perks in this Jamaican Beach Eden. However, they can all be summed up in two words: Unlimited Luxury®. And they do mean De Luxe. You can dig in to unlimited gourmet a la carte dining (no reservations needed), plus a coffee bar for your requisite caffeine rush. 24-hour room service, which is sweet, but even sweeter is a Secrets Box for private room service delivery. You don’t ever have to see a human if you don’t want to. Moving on to (perhaps) the best part: the limitless international and domestic top-shelf spirits. Not to be rivaled are the oh-so comfy rooms with soft, white robes, slippers, Gilchrist & Soames bath products and a Jacuzzi tub. There’s oceans more. All kinds of splashy sports to do in the ocean, loads of land fun (tennis, bocce ball, Euro-bungee), five golf courses that’ll suit you to a tee and then there’s always the pool that’s literally a few feet away from the ocean. Bonus: Secrets Wild Orchid is right next door for you to explore, should you want even more beachy fun. You might have to pinch yourself and ask, “Am I really here?” but make no mistake. You are at one of the most beautiful luxury Caribbean resorts on the beach planet.
2. Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya, Riviera Maya, Mexico. Nestled in a lush, tropical wonderland, this adult-only escape haven has it all, so be prepared to swoon. As you enter the lobby, you’ll be swept away with the majestic Old World charm–the tall, regal ceiling, tile floor, iron work and terra cotta appointments. In a word: epic. After you’ve had a cocktail and settled into your Mexican-style hacienda suite, pad your way over to Playa Del Secreto, your secluded sandy retreat lined with palapas where you can while away the hours doing absolutely nada.
Next, make a beeline for the breath-stealing cement ponds aka our 2016 Noble Beach Prize Winner for The Pool That Rules. The stress-ousting spa also merits a good long visit, where you can melt into the “Valentin Therapy” for 60/80 minutes–it’s the perfect combination of Shiatsu, Swedish, lomi-lomi and acupressure that your weary bod will appreciate. But wake up because you’ve still got eight gourmet nosh spots and 11 coolio bars to discover. Tennis courts, water sports out the wazoo, golf, Mayan ruins also await. The best part? This slice of paradise never feels crowded, so you get the amenities of a big resort with the intimacy of a smaller one–the best of both worlds. All-inclusive luxury beach resorts don’t get much more sandsational than this.
3. Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. One of 11 CheapCaribbean 2016 Noble Beach Prize Winners that was recognized for the category of “Best Beach-o-tainment,” this escape-haven is one of the rockin-est resort rock stars on the planet. The best way to describe it is that it’s a Las-Vegas-meets-South-Beach mash-up. An adults-only playground for elite, discerning travelers. Here at one of the most aah-mazing luxury beach resorts in the Dominican Republic, you can either frolic or lounge, (or toggle between the two states), in an escape zone of unhinged revelry and bliss. There’s 24-hour room service and a daily refreshed mini-bar. Limitless premium beverages. Top-shelf everything. (Movie star existence, basically.) Sumptuous international and fusion cuisine aka Gourmand Central. You don’t have to make reservations at restaurants. Just walk right in and have a seat. You are always the guest of honor. But it gets better. There are pheromone-raising monthly fetes like Menage a Deux a Trois and weekly bashes like Dirty Dancing Night. You can go topless horseback riding, if you dare. Speaking of, topless sunbathing is permitted at the pool and the beach–who wants a tan line anyway? When you want to put your clothes back on, there’s water sports galore: Kayaking, windsurfing, catamaran, paddle boating, and more. Is this luxury Caribbean resort a fantasy? Not a chance. It’s time to Live Big. Breathe Deep®.
Small, Intimate and Tranquility on Steroids
4. The Palms, Turks and Caicos. Listed in the Top 100 Hotels in the World by Travel + Leisure, mere words cannot describe the elegant refinement of this earth-heaven. But we’ll try. To start, you are surrounded by classical architecture that is evocative of a palace. (You might even expect to see servants running hither and yon.) These vast cream structures are surrounded by electrically colorful bougainvillea and other lush tropical goodness. But when you get to the sugar-white beach that’s hugged by calm, azure waves rolling in, well, you might just have to take a moment to absorb everything. It’s truly breath-stealing. After you’ve recovered, you must hit the spa, which is described as the “spiritual heart” of the resort. Lavish and serene, this epicenter of tranquility was conceived by Angel Stewart of Golden Door and Rancho Mirage fame. The treatment areas are standalone buildings that are surrounded by calming water. Or you can hideaway in a white-tented cabana. How does a Mother of Pearl Exfoliation sound? Hand-crushed, locally-sourced queen conch shells are combined with a range of individually-selected aromatherapy oils to smooth and polish the skin. The cuisine is decidedly gourmet and boasts a glorious array of locally inspired and international tastes from as far afield as India, Mexico and Morocco. Any of these features alone would send a luxury Caribbean resort’s rating over the moon. But all these riches are in one sweet place. You must visit. That is all.
5. Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres. Isla Mujeres, Mexico. You’ll be crushing over this intimate and peaceful luxury beach resort on the exclusive island of Isla Mujeres, starting with the stylish, Zen-centric suites–they’re all oceanfront and include large dreamy balconies and hot tubs. But the piece de resistance is their taste bud-slaying grub–they won the 2016 Noble Beach Prize for Most Divine Dining. That means you must hit their must-nosh locale, Le Metissage. It features a seven-course daily “changing” surprise tasting menu. After you’re sufficiently sated, it’s time for a visit to the holistic spa, where you can rejuvenate with a Sea Mud Body Wrap or soak in the seawater pool with hydro jets. Totally Bodyliscious. Moving outdoors, there are two sun-drenched pools and an outdoor saltwater Jacuzzi with swaying palms and ocean breezes. One special perk is that guests get free beach bags handmade by Amor a la Ninez, a local non-profit learning center for children with special needs. Top off your perfect day with a romantic sunset ride on the resort’s private yacht (yes, you read that right.) Endless Privileges® is the mantra here and they live up to their promise. Jonesin’ to go to one of the most sunsational luxury beach resorts in Mexico? Thought so.
6. The Landings Resort & Spa, St. Lucia. This blessed island is famous for being the place that Hollywood flocks to hideaway from the world. So if you don’t mind being spotted by, say, Justin Bieber or Oprah when you’re strolling down the beach sans make-up and in your swim suit, then come on down. Situated on one of the most celebrated beaches in St. Lucia, this tropical sanctuary offers exquisitely decorated villas–bespoke retreats that overlook either the glistening azure water or the yachts in the marina. The Soleil Spa is where you’ll say “buh bye” to any stress that might haunt you. Delicious, signature treatments include everything from a Soothing Aloe & Lavender Wrap to the Island Sunset Package for two that features an Isle Classic Massage, foot ritual, a fruit platter and bottle of house bubbly. For all you gourmands in the beach house, you’ll love that they gather fresh ingredients from their local bounty of indigenous herbs, serve organic vegetables and create fragrant chutneys made from tropical fruit. These yummies accent the main courses you’ll savor: the day’s fresh catch, the region’s renowned spiny lobsters – and oceans more. If you get an itch to leave the property, you can tee off at the prestigious St. Lucia Golf Club, zip line in the rain forest, hike in the Pitons, and hit the drive-in volcano. Of all the luxury Caribbean resorts out there, The Landings is one you must see. Pinky and pinky toe promise.
After this litany of stellar Mexico and luxury Caribbean resorts, you might need a little guidance in choosing one. That’s where our Beachologists come in. Just call them at 1-800-915-3162 and they’ll give you all the deets, and set you up on a trip of a lifetime. Or if you want to dig a little deeper on your own, visit our site. Life is short. Time to put one of our incredible Mexico and luxury Caribbean resorts on your Bucket List.