Few things remind us more of Jamaica than jerk chicken. Today’s recipe is all about Jamaica, mon!
Grilled Jerk Chicken
- 3 scallions chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 5 fresh habanero chiles stemmed and seeded
- 1/4 c lime juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 2 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp black pepper
- ¾ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 chicken breasts with skin and bones
- 2 ½ lbs chicken thighs and drumsticks
Blend all marinade ingredients in blender until smooth.
Pour marinade over chicken and turn chicken to thoroughly cover with marinade.
Let chicken marinate in refrigerator for 1 day.
Before grilling, let chicken sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
Grill chicken as desired.