Cinco de Mayo is quickly approaching! Parties are great, but when asked to bring something, we can all agree everyone is a little sick of the 7 layer dips and queso. This adorable DIY pineapple piñata is the perfect item to bring to your next Cinco de Mayo party, and it’s something you or your party host could use again and again!
Before you start:
You’ll want to cut out your shape on cardboard and cut two strips to go along the bottom and sides of your shape and hold the two sides together.
- Attach cardboard strips with hot glue to the front and back of the pineapple (or whatever shape you choose). These will be the sides of your piñata.
- Cut tissue paper into 2 inch wide strips.
- Cut slits in the tissue paper strips. Be sure you don’t cut all the way through the paper, you want the paper to have a 1/4 inch of space at the top that is not cut.
- Cover pineapple with a generous amount of Mod Podge.
- Press strips of tissue paper onto the cardboard, overlapping the strips.
- Trim any excess tissue paper off of the sides.
Between this adorable DIY pineapple piñata and our layered sand succulent, you could totally nail bringing a unique party gift for your Cinco de Mayo Party host. If all this talk about Cinco de Mayo has you dying for a beach vacation to Mexico, you have to check out some of the fabulous packages we offer in Mexico!