Does your dream wedding include sandy feet, tanned skin, and an endless supply of mojitos? If you’re a #TrueBeachLover, then it definitely does. Destination weddings in the Caribbean and Mexico are epic. Nothing beats a white-sand beach, crystal blue waters and a breath-stealing sunset, not to mention experiencing this on the most sunforgettable day of your life. Do you want to skip the stress of planning a huge event and have a chill wedding weekend with massages at the spa? Or does an aahh-some game of bride vs. groom beach volleyball sound more appealing? Whatever your style, we’ve got five spots where you can have one of the most beautiful destination weddings on the planet.
1. Get Pampered at the Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa. Seven Mile Beach is one of the most sunbelievable places to get married. Breathtaking views will be the perfect backdrop for your Insta photos and unique wedding hashtag (#LoveAtFirstSunset). Send the men off for a round of golf at Links at The North Sound Club across the street while the ladies can get pampered in the Euro-style spa. Destination weddings make everyone happy.
2. Keep Your Family Happy with the Villa del Palmar Flamingos Beach Resort and Spa, Riviera Nayarit. If you’re that person with a huge family that all needs to be there for your special day, then a destination wedding at this sunny spot is for you. This resort in Riviera Nayarit has tons of activities for kids so you don’t have to deal with them – you can relax and party instead. Grandma and Grandpa can also enjoy their 4:00 PM dinners with an incredible view of the turquoise ocean. This resort promises a gorgeous setting for the perfect family-friendly, beachtastic destination wedding.
3. Impress your In-Laws at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun. Do you believe in magic? Fairy tales? Fate? Or are you the in-house logician and you believe in affordability and reality and blah blah blah? Well guess what, this hotel in Riviera Cancun is all of the above. If you stay seven or more nights in a Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View or higher category room, you get the “Secrets Wedding in Paradise” for free! Let us repeat that, if you go spend a week in paradise getting a pre-wedding tan and post-wedding glow, you get the package which includes discounts on spa treatments, mimosas in bed, and bottles of champagne…for free. We’re sorry, but if that isn’t fate telling you to go spend your wedding at the beach we don’t know what is. This is the stuff that dream destination weddings are made of.
4. Escape the Stress at Couples Resorts in Jamaica. If big weddings aren’t your style and you’d rather relax by the beach and tie the knot in a low-key ceremony, Couples Resorts offer complimentary destination weddings for two. So basically, leave everyone at home and steal your significant other away for an incredible three-day vacay and top it off with a ring for free. If mom and dad and your best friend are dying to come along, don’t worry there’s an option for them, too. Couples offers a wedding package for up to 10 guests for $750. Now, if you’re trying to impress your friends and fam-bam, they offer destination weddings on a private island for under $5,000. That sounds like an A-list celeb wedding, but at an undiscovered actor price. Destination weddings don’t get much better than this.
5. Make your Special Day a Par-tay at Breathless Resort in Cabo. If your bachelor/bachelorette party is the highlight of your wedding, turn it into the wedding itself. Ditch the kids and the grandparents and head to Cabo for an adults-only crazy good time where the music never stops and booze never runs out. Breathless offers many breath-stealing wedding packages that will pack your special day fun of fun times and booze snoozes by the pool. This all-inclusive resort is not only walking distance from the Cabo nightlife, but also has all the non-stop parties the hotel offers, so you’ll probably never even make it out. What comes before the wedding should be sunforgettable or barely memorable cause hey, what comes before Part B? Part-A!
For all you worry warts out there, I know you’re thinking “but what about the rules and regulations?” Our suggestion is to take a shot of tequila and relax. Most hotels have in-house consultants who will help you do all the planning and paperwork for your beachaliscious destination wedding, so it will be Wedding Stress-0 You-100.
So if you’re sitting in your house with wedding magazines everywhere, realizing you want the most fantabulous wedding ever, then put down the periodicals. Don’t waste time going through those basic wedding ideas and instead call one of our sun-savvy, dream-granting Beachologists at 1-800-915-3162 to help you plan a sandtastic destination wedding.
If you want to propose, and then start planning your destination wedding, here are a few aahmazing places to consider. But if you’ve already engaged and want to check out our spectacular options for that special day solo (or with your beloved), go here. Your wedding should be perfect. Give us a shout. Follow your sea senses to the perfect destination wedding.