1. Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort, Aruba. Named by Brides Magazine as one of the Top 20 Best Honeymoon Hotels, you’ll find your vacay bliss here on 14 acres of unblemished, sugar-white sand adorned by beach cabanas and luscious turquoise waves. At night, sip cocktails and watch heavenly, hypnotizing pink sunsets over the cerulean sea. It’s adult-only and first-class all the way. The cuisine is aah-mazing and they offer healthy, European portions. Of particular note is Carte Blanche. You can dine on a five-course, chef-prepared meal, but you’ll have to make reservations months in advance – it’s that fabulous. Travelers report that the grounds were so comfortable they didn’t want to leave the resort. Bonus: rooms have “Divine Dreams” Simmons pillow-top king-size beds along with Aruba Aloe toiletries. Double bonus: it’s eco-friendly. If you’re looking for boutique resorts in the Caribbean, this is the one to dive into.
2. Kura Hulanda Lodge and Beach Club, Curacao. Located on the beautiful Playa Kalki, this beachfront haven, with only 80 dreamtastic rooms and suites, is in the midst of a historic eight-block village of restored 18th and 19th century Dutch Colonial buildings in Willemstad, Curacao. Thistranquil beach escape is nestled amidst charming cobblestone pathways and boasts a stunning spa, casino, world-class museum and gourmet eateries. Two glistening pools will take your breath away. One overlooks the beach and the ocean. The other is a relaxing, water-fall fed Eco-Pond. If you’re into snorkeling and scuba, you’ve hit the jackpot–it’s well-known in the Caribbean for exquisite underwater vistas that include everything from mushroom-shaped coral to green moray eels. From the hand-carved teak and mahogany furnishings to the thoughtful amenities, you’ll be pampered from the moment you arrive, as it’s truly one of the most gorgeous boutique resorts in the Caribbean.
3. Le Blanc Spa Resort, Cancun, Mexico. This 260-room dream getaway is perfect in oh-so many ways. All the rooms come with balconies and ocean and/or lagoon views, double Jacuzzis Apple TV, Bulgari bath amenities (swoon), marble bathrooms, petit fours and red wine, and nightly turn down service. While it’s in the center of the hotel zone, where you can get all the nightlife you can handle for one lifetime, it’s intimate enough for you to hole up and do nothing but hide and veg the entire time you’re there. It’s uber luxurious. You’ll love it.
4. Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. There is so much to love about this resort we don’t know where to start, but start we will. First, the natural beauty that’s mingled with the architectural beauty makes this refuge quite Zen-ish. You can burrow in under thatched roofed suites with hardwoods and stone accents, while you enjoy aromatherapy oil burners and linen scents at turndown. There’s more: French doors that open to your private terrace give you an with insanely gorgeous views of turquoise. The food and drink are unprecedented: organic food is lovingly prepared by award-winning chefs, and there’s food for the soul, too. Like melting into stress-smashing body treatments like Honey Exfoliation. Of all the boutique resorts in the Caribbean, we have to say we’re kinda partial to this one. You in?
5. Sunset at the Palms, Jamaica. Want to vacay in a treehouse in Jamaica? Done and done. At this recently refurbished, laid back den of aah-some on the sugar-white sands of Negril, you can chillax in the treetops that are set amidst exotic, tropical gardens, where hummingbirds and dove flit among the flowers and trees. You can also savor the resort’s delish tropical punch while you enjoy meals that are unpretentiously Jamaican. The beach is private, which is always wonderful. Best of all, it’s wallet-friendly and eco-conscious. You can’t get a better deal on a boutique resort in the Caribbean.
6. Hotel Magic Blue, Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Plopped right down in the heart of the Riviera Maya, this local charmer gives you that warm, cozy, laid-back feel. No pretension here. Just pure vacay chillin’. The rooms have Nepresso machines (yes!), blackout curtains and hammocks. Foodies will dig the Brazilian steakhouse and the Blue Parrot has been dubbed by Newsweek as one of the “Best Ten Bars in the World.” The pool is a heartbeat away, and just steps from the resort, you can bunker down at one of the Beach Clubs. Lazy, sunny beachy daze are all you need. Can life get any better? Nah. With Mother Nature’s sparkling treasures all around you, you’ve got everything you need at this stellar boutique resort in the Caribbean.
One of these boutique resorts in the Caribbean and magical Mexico aka secluded sanctums of aah-some should be calling your name. If not, check your hearing. If so, your splendor in paradise is just a phone call away. Dial 1-800-915-3162 and one of our sun-skilled BhDs will create an off-the-charts retreat that will soothe and delight. If you want to get a closer look at these resorts along with all our other beachaliscious, all-inclusive vacation packages, just browse here. Remember, whatever the question/issue, the answer is “beach.”