THE CHEAPCARIBBEAN.COM BEACH4EVERYBREAK CONTEST (“CONTEST”) IS SPONSORED BY CHEAPCARIBBEAN.COM (THE "SPONSOR").
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE/TRANSACTION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1) Contest Details: The CheapCaribbean.com Beach4EveryBreak Contest is a contest to select a poem that best answers the call to action: “I think (school teacher name) deserves a beach for every break because...”, from all eligible entrants.
2) Contest Period: The Contest begins at 11:00:01 A.M. Eastern Time (ET) on May 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. ET on July 31, 2017 (the "Contest Period"). The Sponsor's computer is the official timekeeper for this Contest.
|Entry Period||May 1, 2017||June 30, 2017|
|Judging Period||July 1, 2017||July 2, 2017|
|Voting Period||July 3, 2017||July 31, 2017|
|Winner Notification & Planning||August 1, 2017||August 10, 2017|
*Sponsor in its sole discretion reserves the right to extend the Entry Period if not enough qualified Entries are received at the conclusion of the Entry Period which could limit the Sponsor from awarding Contest prize. If the Entry Period is extended, such notice will be published on the Contest Website at www.cheapcaribbeanpr.com/beach4everybreak. All dates are subject to change. All decisions of Sponsor are binding and final.
3) Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees, officers, directors (and their immediate families and those living in their same household) of Sponsor, (Sponsor is collectively referred to as the "Contest Entities"), and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising, Contest and production agencies are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Nominee must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry. Nominee must be an official classroom teacher, early education through college level classes and be able to provide verification prior to receiving the prize. Self-nominations not accepted.
4) How to Enter and Entry Requirements: To enter the Contest, go to www.cheapcaribbeanpr.com/beach4everybreak (the “Contest Website”) and follow the instructions to properly submit the submission in a “poem” that answers the following call to action: “I think (school teacher name) deserves a beach for every break because...” and complete the registration form. A poem is recognized as a Sonnet, Limerick or Haiku. By submitting, you (“Entrant”) agree that you have read and are in agreement with these Official Rules. Submissions that do not include all required information and adhere to these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be considered void. Once uploaded, Submissions will not be acknowledged or returned. No other means of entry will be accepted. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, remove, delete and/or disqualify any Submission and/or Entrant (as defined in “Guidelines and Restrictions” below) it deems inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant.
The agreement to the Official Rules, and submission, once submitted as provided above, shall constitute an Entry. After completing these steps, the Entrant will formally be entered into the Contest. Entry cannot be altered by Entrant after it has been submitted. Should Entrants experience any technical difficulties with any aspect of submitting their Entry they may send an e-mail to email@example.com. Contest Entities will endeavor to respond to all requests promptly. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM EST on June 30, 2017. Entrant’s Submission must comply in all respects with these Official Rules. Submission must be created solely by the Entrant.
Please review the criteria on which Entries will be judged prior to creating your Entry. The judging criteria may be found in Section 5 below. Once submitted, all materials and information become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. By submitting an Entry, you irrevocably grant to Sponsor, its affiliates, agents and licensees, the royalty-free right and permission to unconditionally and perpetually reproduce, copy, store, transmit, publish, display, adapt and/or otherwise use or reuse your Submission, name, picture, voice, statements, background and biographical material, photographs, pictures, stories, testimonials or other likeness, prize information, any information contained in your Entry, as well as any other information or materials arising out of your participation in the Contest for advertising, promotional, commercial, publicity and/or any other purposes (without limitation), in any and all media now or hereafter known, in any language, throughout the world, in perpetuity and in any manner without further review, notice, approval, consideration or compensation of Entrant. Unless prohibited by law, you waive any rights of privacy, rights of publicity, intellectual property rights, and other rights that may preclude Sponsor from using or disclosing all or any part of your Entry in any manner and for any purpose. By submitting an Entry, you further release Sponsor from any future claims arising out of any use or disclosure of your Entry consistent with these Official Rules. All accepted Entries will be screened and may be published on the Internet or in other media at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Without limitation to the foregoing, Sponsor may post any and all Submissions on the Contest Website during and following the Contest Period. The use or publication of an Entrant’s name or information in connection with the Contest does not signify that the Entrant is a Contest Winner. By submitting an Entry, you acknowledge and agree that you will not now or in the future be paid or compensated in any way for your Entry or for granting the Sponsor any of the rights set out in these Official Rules, whether you are chosen as a Winner or not. You further agree that Sponsor is not obligated to make use of any of the rights granted in these Official Rules or to use any of Submissions in any way.
Further Requirements and Restrictions Regarding Submissions and Publicity: In addition to the requirements previously noted in these Official Rules, the following requirements apply to all Entries: Submissions must be the Entrant’s own, original work, and the sole property of Entrant. Submission must be in English only. No Submission may have been previously published in print, broadcast or other media, or displayed publicly outside of this Contest, or submitted in any other Contest. Modifying, enhancing or altering another person’s or entity’s creation does not qualify as an Entrant’s original work.
WARRANTY: By entering the Contest, each Entrant represents and warrants that any Submission provided with an Entry is original to Entrant and does not infringe upon or otherwise violate any right of any third party. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, EACH ENTRANT FURTHER WARRANTS AND REPRESENTS THAT HIS/HER ENTRY COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AND AGREES THAT THE CONTEST ENTITIES WILL BEAR NO LEGAL LIABILITY TO THIRD PARTIES REGARDING THE USE OF THE ENTRY BY THE CONTEST ENTITIES, AND THAT THE CONTEST ENTITIES SHALL BE INDEMNIFIED AND HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANT IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT THE ENTRANT HAS NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THE OFFICIAL RULES.
5) Contest Judging/Voting: At the end of the Entry Period, the Sponsor (“Judge”) will judge all eligible Contest entries based on the following criteria:
- Sincerely and clearly responds to the call to action: “I think (school teacher name) deserves a beach for every break because...” (25%),
- Creatively responds to the call to action: “I think (school teacher name) deserves a beach for every break because...” (25%),
- The compelling nature of the poem regarding the call to action: “I think (school name) deserves a Beach4EveryBreak because...” (50%)
Total score, as determined by Sponsor, will determine the Grand Prize Winner and such determination shall be final and binding.
The five (5) Entrants with the highest score at the end of the Judging Period will be shared publically for peer voting.
From July 3, 2017 through July 31, 2017, top five (5) entrants will be posted and open for peer voting at the “Contest Website.” The one (1) Entrant with the highest number of votes at the end of the Voting Period will be notified and the teacher nominated, subject to verification and acceptance as described below, will be deemed the Contest Grand Prize Winner. Sponsor to determine the Contest Grand Prize Winner if a tie exists and such determination shall be final and binding.
6) Notification and Verification: The Entrant with the highest votes will be notified via e-mail, and or telephone on/around August 10, 2017. Entrant will be required to respond to the notification within forty-eight (48) hours of attempted notification. Entrant is subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these Official Rules. Potential Prize Winner must provide proof of education employment before prize may be awarded. Entrant and Potential Prize Winner may be required to sign, notarize, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and a Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law within five (5) days of notification attempt. If any Entrant/Grand Prize Winner cannot be contacted, fails to properly claim the prize in accordance with these Official Rules; or if the notification is returned as undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Entrant (Sponsor shall have no further obligation to that Entrant). Should a potential Grand Prize Winner decide to decline the Prize for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to that potential winner, and an alternate Entrant/Grand Prize Winner may be selected. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use respective Grand Prize Winner's name, biographical information, likeness, photograph, (including, without limitation, for advertising and promotional purposes) in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all media whether now known or hereafter devised, without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
7) Contest Prize: Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner (“Winner”) will receive four (4), four (4) night/five (5) day trips for two (2) to Secrets the Vine Cancun in Cancun, Mexico, Now Amber Puerto Vallarta in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, Dreams Dominicus La Romana in La Romana, Dominican Republic and Dreams Delight Playa Bonita Panama in Panama. Trip consists of: roundtrip coach air transportation from a major commercial airport near Winner’s legal residence (as selected by Sponsor) to each International airport; transfers to/from airport to hotels; hotel accommodations during the Trips (one standard room/double occupancy room per trip); one (1) excursion per trip; and USD $3,000 in the form of a check, made payable to Winner that may be used towards payment of taxes (note: cash amount is taxable). Travel taxes associated with the Trip and all expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the Winner’s responsibility, including but not limited to: tax, gratuities, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, service charges, activities, souvenirs, some room service fees (inquire with resort prior to ordering) and telephone calls. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Trip components are subject to change without notice. Travel companions of Grand Prize Winner must be 18 years of age or older. Grand Prize Winner’s travel companions must sign and return; a consent to publicity (where legal), liability waiver, and travel release form prior to traveling. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use Grand Prize Winner’s and Travel Companion’s names and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
Sponsor reserves the right to change and/or substitute any components of the Grand Prize at any time, in its sole discretion. The activation shall be coordinated between CheapCaribbean.com and the Grand Prize Winner (school teacher).
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $15,000. The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARV and the actual values, if any, will not be awarded.
By participating in Contest, Entrant and Grand Prize Winner (hereinafter defined) grant the right to Sponsor to record, videotape and photograph the Winner (“Images”). These Images will be owned by Sponsor. Sponsor and each of its designees shall have the right to use, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, voice, conversation and any other attributes of Winner’s personality and appearance, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, Contest or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
8) Additional Prize Restrictions: Travel must be completed by July 31, 2018. Prize is non-transferable (unless specifically stated), no substitutions allowed, except at the discretion of the Sponsor. By participating in the Contest, Grand Prize Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their affiliates, licensees, parents, franchisees, subsidiaries, advertising and Contest agencies and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Releasees") from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damage of any kind which may arise in connection with this Contest or the acceptance and/or use of any prize.
9) License to Exploit Entry: By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree that Sponsor and each of its affiliates, licensees, Promotional partners, and third party marketing entities shall have the right and permission to use the name and biographical data, contained in Entrants entry for promotional, advertising, and/or publicity purposes in any media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without compensation or notice to, or further consent of, the Entrant to the extent permitted by law and except where prohibited.
11) Indemnification: Entrants and Grand Prize Winner agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against the Contest Entities, and hereby acknowledge that Contest Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a Prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest are to be directed to the Sponsor at the address below. Contest Entities will endeavor to respond to all requests promptly.
12) Winner List and Official Rules: To view the name of the Prize Winner (available after the conclusion of the Contest), or to view the Official Rules please visit www.cheapcaribbeanpr.com/beach4everybreak. Winning poem will be posted from August 1 – August 31, 2017.
13) Sponsor and Administrator: This Contest is sponsored and administered by CheapCaribbean.com, Inc, 2003 S. Easton Road, Suite 100, Doylestown, PA 18901.