Let’s be honest, we could all use a beach escape right now. Whether you haven’t picked up a book in 5+ years, need a quick mind escape or you’re stocking up the best beach reads for your vacay, these 15 books will help transport you to the beach in no time.
Top books to read when you’re missing the beach
Regardless if you were supposed to be on your dream beach getaway right now or your tropical escape has just been postponed, that doesn’t mean you can’t bring a little bit of the beach to you! From action-packed stories to romance and a little bit of mystery, these are the best books to read if you’re missing the beach right now.
- “The Unhoneymooners” by Christina Lauren
- “A Drop in the Ocean” by Jenni Ogden
- “Girls of Glass” by Brianna Labuskes
- “Doctor No” by Ian Fleming (for the James Bond aficionados)
- “Cottage by the Sea” by Debbie Macomber
Top books to bring with you to the beach (or to help pretend you’re there)
Looking for some fresh beach reads to bring on your vacay or just need to give your mind a break? These exciting books are the perfect stories to bring along with you on your next getaway, or even just to your couch–you know, because social distancing.
- “Beautiful Ruins” by Jess Walter
- “Little Fires Everywhere” by Celeste Ng
- “We Own the Sky: A Novel” by Luke Allnutt
- “Where the Crawdads Sing” by Delia Owens
- “The Jetsetters” by Amanda Eyre Ward
Top books to read by Caribbean authors
While your beach vacay may have been postponed, what better way to pass the time than by getting a glimpse into Caribbean life (fiction & non-fiction), history (the good and the not-so-pretty) and culture? These books written by authors from (or inspired by) the Caribbean will surely give you a unique connection, perspective and better understanding of the tropical region.
- “In the Castle of My Skin” by George Lamming (Barbados)
- “Golden Child” by Claire Adam (Trinidad)
- “The Star Side of Bird Hill” by Naomi Jackson (Barbados)
- “Pepperpot: Best New Stories from The Caribbean” by Peekash Press (Stories from Antigua, Bermuda, The Bahamas and more)
- “The Rum Diary” by Hunter S. Thompson (Puerto Rico)
Even from home, there are plenty of fun ways to bring the beach to you! Check out these other fun ways you can bring the beach to your home staycation.