Punta Cana feels most like what you’d imagine the quintessential beach paradise to be like: white powdery beaches, luscious turquoise waves and fewer crowds. It is the closest thing to Beach Eden you might ever experience. Here’s a quick snapshot of why Punta Cana is an ideal vacation destination.
1. The Beaches. Unlike some in the Caribbean and Mexico that are narrow or short, Punta Cana beaches are wide and deep. Bigger beaches mean more places for you to get a prime position with a great view of the blue and not be on top of other beach lovers. You’ll have more room to dig your toes into the soft sand, shut out the world and let your worries be swept away by the cool ocean breeze.
2. The Water. It’s the most stunning color of turquoise that you’ll ever see. The temperature is like bath water and the waves are generally calm. You can swim, float, chill until it’s time to go back and refresh your cocktail. At times, you might feel like just sitting and staring at the water, speechless. It’s that hypnotizing and oh so good for the soul.
3. The Cocktails. Speaking of adult beverages, if you’re a rum lover, you’ll be in beach heaven. Imagine yourself relaxing on the beach sipping a fruity (but potent) Rum Punch, Pina Colada (we love these), or a refreshing Mojito. There are many others that will slay your taste buds and leave you feeling mighty fine like Mamajuana, which is rumored to be an aphrodisiac (read more about Mamajuana). And of course, a cold beer beachside is always easy to find.
4. The Natural Beauty. Since this escape haven is a newer vacay spot, commerce has not come in and hacked away a lot of the jungle to create highways and other edifices of concrete as other highly populated destinations. This dreamy escape is green and lush. Best of all, you can immerse yourself in it because it’s bursting at the sandy seams with excursions. You can frolic with the nurse sharks and stingrays at the Marinarium. Go horseback riding amidst the flora and fauna. Sail over to Soana Island, where you’ll experience the magic of an (almost) uncharted island. You can zip line, hike through ecological parks, swim in Hoyo Azul cenote and so much more.
5. The Locale. The weather is nearly perfect – temps range from upper 70s to low 80s the majority of the time. And while this beachy paradise is still developing, you can still find some gems along the coast. One of our favs is Little John that sits behind the Cap Cana Marina. From the patio, you can feast your eyes on the stunning Juanillo Beach hugged by turquoise waves, while you tickle your taste buds with oh-so satisfying grub. While in Cap Cana, you can visit the marina, check out Dolphin Island, play golf at Punta Espada or venture out to seas for some deep sea fishing. Wherever your ventures take you, you won’t be able to beat this kind of beach weather. While you’re kicking back, cocktail in hand, remember that the vibe here is decidedly Chill – with a capital “C.”
So, are you ready to get out of town and soak in the awesome that is Punta Cana? If so, we can help. If you want to get a lay of the sand in Punta Cana yourself, just go here. Life is short. We highly recommend that you spend it on the beach.