Okay, mom and dad, whether it’s fall, winter or spring break, or any old time when you want to get away with the fam, the question always comes up: what do you do with your precious kiddos when they’re climbing the walls and you need a break? Stress no more: everyone loves the beach, which is why we’re bringing you our Top 5 Family-Centric Beaches – and the fantabulous, all-inclusive resorts to go with them. Take a look.
1. Playa Mujeres – This breath of heaven-on-earth is north of Cancun and away from the all craziness of the hotel zone. And on this stretch of glorious beach sits the Villa del Palmar Cancun Luxury Resort & Spa – an aahh-some choice for your brood because there are oceans of activities (water/land) and a kids club. There’s also an epic spa. Talk about something for everyone, this place has got it.
2. Tulum – This terrific beach hub is on the southern end of Riviera Maya and is dubbed as such because of Tulum, the ancient Mayan ruins (temples and pyramids) that sit nearby, looming tall and majestic. So to start, these edifices from antiquity are a great family outing when you want a change of pace from the beach. However, here are two resorts that stand out for your fam – the Occidental at Xcaret Destination and Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa. The Occidental Grand Xcaret is not only right next to Xcaret Park, a natural sanctuary that’s loaded with activities, it also boasts lots of wild life like monkeys, iguanas and flamingos. Dreams Tulum has a bunch of kid-friendly activities and the ruins are just a seashell’s throw away. Both of these escape havens have amazing spas.
3. La Romana – Long known for dazzling beaches, the Dominican Republic is a great spot to make special family memories. While Punta Cana gets lots of airplay, La Romana (in specific) is a hidden gem that you’ll dig. It’s just as wonderful as Punta Cana, but way less crowded. Grand Bahia Principe La Romana has a mini-club and special menus for kids, along with delicious aromatherapy at the spa. Dreams La Romana Resort and Spa boasts an Explorer’s Club for kids, a heavenly spa and is near world-class golf courses. And the Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace has sugar-sand beaches and is close to Saona Island, an amazing excursion. All are family-friendly and ready for your brood.
4. Seven Mile Beach – This famous sun ‘n surf locale, the Cayman Islands, replete with breathtaking beaches and hypnotic waves, is not just for off-shore accounts – it’s for off-shore, all-inclusive family extravaganzas. So, many water sports and activities for animal lovers that include swimming with the dolphins, floating alongside sea turtles and feeding stingrays. Two resorts in particular we recommend are Comfort Suites and Resort Grand Cayman and Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort. Comfort Suites is super affordable and offers child care and babysitting, plus water sports and golf. Grand Cayman Marriott has a gorgeous coral reef, which is great for snorkeling, tennis courts, horseback riding for an additional charge, and finally, yes, the La Mer Spa.
5. Montego Bay – This hoppin’ destination is overflowing with lots and lots of family-friendly choices – from budget-loving to luxury. Resorts that offer freshly made cookies and frozen treats, kid clubs galore with activities that will entertain them all day long and heart throbbing spas for you. Check out Sunscape Cove and Sunscape Splash, which are ALL about the kids – they’ve got a Pirate ship and crazy fun water park that looks like a castle. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach has a club for the little ones and the not-so-little ones, a teen club, and of course, a stress-smashing spa. Holiday Inn Resort has a children’s pool and a Kidspree Vacation Club, plus the Sol Mer Spa. Riu Montego Bay is a ginormous place where you can get it all: the biggest pool in all of Jamaica, a Jerk Chicken shack on the beach, the Renova Spa and kids club with gobs of things to do. And the Hilton Rose Hall Resort and Spa has the Sugar Mill Water Park and the oh-so lovely Soothe Spa.
So you’re ready for a beach vacay to top all beach vacays? Yes. You are. While you’ve got all these exceptional resorts in mind, call one of our Beachologists at 1-800-915-3162 and they’ll be happy to set up a beachtastic dream escape for you. Or you can go to our site and book for yourself. Either way, why not make your beach vacay one your family will talk about for generations to come? It can happen. And right here with us.