All-Inclusive resorts are the painless, carefree way to enjoy your heavenly beach getaway. Seriously, when you’re beach or poolside, who wants to interrupt the tranquility by doing math (yuck), trying to figure out the proper tip with the sun in your eyes? Not us. Probably not you either.
Certainly, the idea of going to an all-inclusive resort kind of makes tipping redundant. But not always.
While some resorts do have a “no tipping” policy, the bottom line is this: it’s a personal choice. It’s up to you.
Here are some things that you might want to take into consideration when on vacay. Remember, while these nice folks do get to work at lush resorts and are seemingly on permanent vacation, they are, in essence, at your beck and call 24/7. Their life is your life. Now, one might not want to carry cash around all the time when at a resort. This is understandable.
However, here are a few situations that might warrant a little extra cabbage for these considerate humans who go the extra beach mile for you.
1. You Lost Something. Like your phone, earbuds, laptop, tablet, Kindle or, of course, your coconut drink. This last one is included because like your indispensable hand computer – your connection to the world – it’s a necessity while on a beach vacay. So when one or all of these is returned, and you’re thankful, show some love.
2. Aahmazing Bartenders. Put this necessary guy or gal at the top, or very near the top of your list. When you keep the extra green stuff flowing their way, there’s a high probability that when you are parched and drink-ready, your slushy, fruity (strong) delicious beverage will be waiting for you.
3. Excellent dinner service. Few things make a vacation better than top-notch service during dinner when everything is beautifully choreographed with perfect timing. Reward this exemplary performance with a handsome tip and you’ll probably be lavished with this kind of fabulousness the rest of your trip.
4. Friendly, Know-Where-They’re-Going Drivers. Whether you’re going to and from the airport, or heading out for a fun excursion like zip lining or taking a water taxi to another destination in your Beach Eden, drivers are the people you depend on to get you where you’re going promptly, and most of all, safely. Slipping him or her a few bucks when you arrive will be a nice expression of thanks; also, should this person be your driver next time (or for the whole trip), you’ll make a friend that will take good care of you.
5. Speedy Beach Wait Service. Having plenty of cool beverages close at hand is essential when you’re chillaxing oceanside and getting them delivered in a flash is even better. Remember, these people are probably wearing more clothes than you are and might appreciate a few bills sent their way for suffering in the heat.
6. Thoughtful Housekeepers. This valiant soul kindly supplies fresh towels, picks up the towels, cleans the water off the floor, stocks the TP, stocks the shampoo/conditioner/hand lotion minis (that you’ll want more of and to take home), makes the bed, changes the sheets and fluffs the pillows. If you have turn down service, this person might leave chocolates on your pillow – the list is endless, really. A few daily tokens of appreciation will go a long way.
7. Sturdy Porters. Cue the weight lifter! Yes, your porter, or your baggage handler, is also a good person to tip after your luggage (filled with your many cute shoes) has been lugged to your room. Kindness to the strong man or woman pays off.
8. The masseuse at the spa. This person is sometimes a third-party, which means your previously paid included gratuities generally don’t make it to them. After he or she has mashed, squeezed and rubbed every particle of stress from your body, don’t be too Jello-y to remember to tip.
9. Private butlers. Essentially, it’s one-stop shopping in human form. For example, should you need help with uncorking wine or champagne bottles. Running to the gift store. Bringing you a newspaper that is not found at the resort. Packing and unpacking suitcases. Making restaurant or spa reservations. Fixing stubborn internet connections or preparing a Jacuzzi bath. Or any other request you can think of (from sane to crazy). Simply put, this person is your personal valet and will greatly welcome your gratitude.
10. Beach rakers. This guy is probably the hardest working person, physically speaking, on the beach. Imagine, you’ve just finishing raking the sand. It’s all in order and glistening – sans footsteps. Then, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, here come some unhooked, margarita-filled beach goers galloping over this pristine earth floor, planting giant footsteps in the sand. Wouldn’t want to see an angry raker – could be used as a weapon. To that end, throwing a little cashola his or her way could help your overall beach karma.
Bottom line: people like to be appreciated, to be loved. You get more honey from bees than with vinegar. You get what you give. What goes around comes around. And so on. All kinds of clichés attest to this basic principle of our humanity, our world.
If you are yearning for a luxury vacation that won’t break the bank, call 1-800-915-3162 and our Beachologists will create an unforgettable beach getaway for you. Or, check out our nice packages. You’ll fall in love with all we have to offer, and wonder why you didn’t book your dream getaway sooner.