Lush curvy mountains kissed by the deepest Kelly green. Water of cerulean blue hues that hypnotize you with the rhythm of their waves. Ebony natives who bear opening, explosive smiles when they welcome you to their slice of paradise, as if you’re the most important, most mesmerizing person they’ve ever met.
This is Jamaica, an island with heart and soul. This is where you want to be.
Here are a few things that you’ll definitely want to check out in Jamaica – and do.
1. Call on Amstar Transfer. Before you land in Jamaica, you need to do this. Why? They know everything about the island. They can cart you to your resort, to dinner and excursions. You name it. They’ve got it. As you drive along, perhaps, on your way to say, Dunn’s Falls, you might hear the driver say, “Yes, mon, here is where Christopher Columbus landed,” or “That is where the White Witch of Jamaica lived who poisoned her husbands.” The other super cool perk is that these gracious host and hostesses also carry an ample supply of ice cold water and cool towels to soothe your parched body and soul, should you need them (which you will) on this balmy island.
2. Taste Red Stripe Beer. Though you will most likely get a refreshing welcome cocktail at your resort, make this the next icy cold beverage to grace your lips. It pairs beautifully with every morsel you put in your mouth when you’re enjoying your much-deserved beach therapy aka sun ‘n surf in Jamaica.
4. Enjoy Blue Mountain Coffee. This delicious, strong brew is everywhere in Jamaica and is grown and harvested on the island. Pour yourself a cup for breakfast or chillax after an evening of throwing down with some frosty Red Stripes, but be sure to add rum cream to it. With this addition, you can’t get any more Jamaican.
5. Learn the Phrase, “Irie Mon.” Wherever you turn, if you’re asking for directions or where the restroom is, you’ll hear this phrase, which is translated to mean, “Everything is good.” Why? Everything in Jamaica is relaxed, laid back and honestly, more than good.
6. Stroll Down Seven Mile Beach in Negril. This is beach heaven. Your toes will love the fine, white sand hugged by clear, baby blue water. It has a private kind of vibe and yet, there is a lot to do here. It’s a must-do (and feel) in Jamaica that all True Beach Lovers must indulge in.
And here’s another shot. Even if it’s overcast, a sunset walk on Seven Mile Beach in Negril is always spectacular.
7. Check Out All the Aahsome Excursions. Though there are many in Jamaica, here are a few of our faves:
- Go horseback riding in the rejuvenating waters of the Caribbean Sea in Ocho Rios.
- Zip line over the tree tops at Cranbrook Forest Gardens.
- Explore the gorgeous countryside in an ATV Buggy.
- Splish splash around in the waterfalls at Dunn’s Falls.
- Take a Luminescent Lagoon tour, a nighttime cruise where you’ll see all the glistening phosphorous light up under your boat.
- Bask in the killer views at Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville on the Hip Strip in Montego Bay.
These are just a few of the various things you can do in this earth-heaven known as Jamaica. All you have to do is ask your hotel concierge to help you set up any of these jaunts and you’ll be good to go.
8. Relax Before You Depart in Club Mobay. This is a must, must-do. The airport in Montego Bay is not does not have air-conditioning. Luckily, this underground haven does, as It’s actually underneath the airport in Montego Bay and offers up such comforting basics like a delicious buffet, separate rooms for kids and adults, and lots of chilled beverages to start your travels off right. One of the most aahmazing things you’ll discover here is a mini-spa where you can get neck and shoulder massages, and much more. Trust us, this is where you want to hunker down before leaving this dream spot.
Ready to go to Jamaica? We hope so. Because right now, and as always, we have epic Jamaica all-inclusive vacation packages you must check out.
All you have to do is dial 1-800-915-3162 and one of our awesome Beachologists will create a vacation package to Jamaica you’ll remember forever to any of our other beaches in the Caribbean and Mexico. Or if you want to do a little more digging yourself, just go here and browse all the awesome vacation packages that we offer. Book in today. You won’t want to miss this Beach Eden called Jamaica.