1. Easy to Access. If you’re looking for a tropical vacation with white sandy beaches and crazy beautiful blue water, but don’t want to mess with a bunch of connections (including those in tiny, terrifying prop planes) to get to a remote island, then a Cancun vacation is what to put on your list. It’s on the sunsational Yucatan Peninsula and luckily, many airlines fly there – nine major carriers, in fact, including American, United, Aeromexico, as well as Spirit and Sun Country. See the complete list here.
2. Snow-White Beaches. In 2010, Cancun got a major facelift. Prior to this time, it was assaulted by heavy foot traffic and deadly hurricanes. After a three-month project, Cancun’s beaches were extended a dramatic seven miles along the east side of the Hotel zone. Overall, the project cost about $70 million dollars, but the cost was well worth it: happy tourists now have plenty of space to plop under palapas, wiggle their toes in the sand and enjoy their place in the sun. Will ya take a look at this beach? Are the words “Cancun vacation” rolling around in your mind yet?
3. You Can Party or Not. The world-famous Cancun Hotel Zone does promise nights of epic partying. There are places to throw down, get your drink on and shake your booty.
4. Luscious Cozumel. This little island is just a seashell’s throw from Cancun. It’s about a 50-minute ride to Playa del Carmen, then you take a 45-minute ferry ride to Cozumel. So you can steal away here for even more sand ‘n sun loving. There are oceans of things to do here: water sports,bars, nosh spots, shopping. You name it.
Oh and the sunsets. They’re killer. Rip-your-heart-right-outta-your-body gorgeous. So really, it’s a beach twofer when you take a Cancun vacation. How cool is that?
5. Mystical Mayan Ruins. Though many come to throw down on the sugar-white beaches during their Cancun vacation, the majesty and influence of the Mayans here is undeniable and continues to attract travelers time and time again. The history and mystique of the Mayan culture can be felt–and seen–nearly everywhere: Tulum, Chichen Itza and Coba are great ruins to check out. And here’s the good news: many locations are accessible by bus, car or one of the many tours offered in the area. But bring your walking shoes and sunscreen. The sun can be intense. You can even take the stairs down to the beach afterwards to cool off. So what better thing to do than book your Cancun vacation now? When you do, switch things up: hang with the ancients. They’ve got all kinds of funky info to share.
6. Coolio Cenotes. These enchanting phenomena are natural pits, or sinkholes, resulting from the collapse of limestone bedrock that exposes groundwater underneath. In and around Cancun, you’ll have many to choose from. You can swim, float, or just chillax. There’s nothing quite like them.
So what are you waiting for? You know you can get an easy flight. But even better, our Beachologists have a Cancun vacation package waiting for you. Just dial 1-915-3162. Or if you want to peruse all our sandsational vacation packages on your own, just go here. Either way, we hope to see you on the sand real soon.