Cap Cana has been called the land of eternal summer. With luscious white sand, breath-stealing turquoise water, mind-blowing sunsets and a rockin’ marina, it’s not surprising. Here are a few of the hautest hot things to do on a Cap Cana vacation.
1. Chillax on Epic Beaches. Wave after wave of heavenly beaches are yours in this dreamy part of the Dominican. It’s where you’ll find one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, Bavaro Beach. There’s also the uber chic Juanillo Beach. The sparkling, glam Caletón Beach. The exclusive Marina Beach. And the charming Fisherman’s Beach. If you want to dive into more than tanning and swimming, there’s sailing, angling and a wide variety of non-water sports. There’s also reef-protected aquamarine waters that are perfect for snorkeling and scuba diving. This, and many other sea-savvy activities will help you while away many hours of bliss in this slice of heaven.
2. Jump into Aahsome Adventures. Put on your active wear. Fill up your water bottle because there is so much to explore. Start with a splash and swim in one the island’s cenotes–natural sinkholes. Zip line above the canopy or horseback ride under it. Hike, mountain bike or drive a buggy. Boat over to the breathtaking Soana Island for a picnic or starfish spotting. Or just take a moment to gaze at the turquoise ocean along a cliff. Can you say Beach Eden?
3. Dock at the Marina. Cruise on by this state-of-the-art marina on the swanky Cap Cana shores, where you can take in a world-famous fishing tournament, or even be fancy and rent a yacht. After your fabulous day, you can dine at one of the 12 nosh spots and five bars, one of which is a “Chivas Club.” No matter what you choose to do here on your Cap Cana vacation, it’ll be smooth sailing.
4. Get into the Swim at Dolphin Island. This is a 100%, bona fide Bucket List activity. Grab the fam (groups up to 12!) and swim with these friendly finned mammals. Melt over the magic of a dolphin kiss and the thrill of a dolphin hug. For more fun, hang on and enjoy a Dorsal Tow, or get your feet wet with a foot push or belly ride. Regardless, with options like this, the best thing to do is just dive in!
5. Nosh at AlSol. Talk about a gourmet dining epicenter. So much to savor here. At AlSol del Mar, you must stop by Raices, where you can delight in Caribbean specialties. Not to be missed also is The Spanish Veranda that offers world-class paella/rices and tapas. At AlSol Tiara, you can feast on time-honored family Mexican recipes at Xoxolati and at Blue Lotus, Far East Fusion. At AlSol Luxury Village, there are a variety of amazing places. Two in particular are The Argentine Bistro that serves up delish grilled cuts, empanadas (and has a killer wine list), plus Il Cielo Ristorante & Bar–a spot that boasts Mediterranean style cuisine and has a stunning view of the marina. Taste buds, get ready because you’re in for a massive Flavor Fest when you set off on a Cap Cana vacation.
6. Tee Off in Paradise. Two words: Punta Espada. This stellar, award-winning Jack Nicklaus Signature course opened in 2006 with 18 holes – a total of 7, 382 yards. Eight holes of the course run along the sea, while five of them have spectacular ocean views. Golfweek Magazine awarded it #1 Course in the Caribbean and Mexico in 2009, 2010 and 2011. To see why they received all these accolades, take a look a this incredible video, which is a view from the green:
See? Even better, Punta Espada was named “Traveler Choice 2013” – the #1 attraction that travelers recommend when visiting Punta Cana. Beach lovers, it’s tee time.
7. Sail Away to Saona. Think of this as a getaway from the getaway. A meta vacay. Seriously, this is one island retreat that is so gorgeous that your soul will shiver: crazy white sand, turquoise water and shady palms that all surround a natural swimming pool in the middle of the ocean. Look for the ginormous starfish. But don’t touch.
8. Park it at Manati Park. Looking for a Family Fun Mecca? Then stop right here. Manati Park is not only overflowing with orchids and tropical plants, but also where you can swim with dolphins and sea lions in their natural habitats. You can also check out the crocodiles, iguanas, parrots and horses. Plus, there’s a coolio Taino dance show that recreates the lifestyle of these natives. For the daring, there’s the Seaquarium with shark and manta ray encounters. It’s one of the best places to take your brood when you’re on a Cap Cana vacation.
9. Saddle Up at The Stables, Equestrian City. Blue skies, green pastures and the feel of the wind through your hair as you gallop along-that’s the kind of aah-mazing experience that awaits at this equine wonderland. There are a lot of different disciplines to be found here. Everything from Racing and Dressage, to Jumping and Paso Fino. Regardless, there are special rides that have been created over five kilometers. Giddy up!
10. Dive into Deep-Sea Fishing. Blue Marlin, White Marlin, Sailfish, Wahoo Peto and Tuna. Pretty impressive line-up, no? These are well within the realm of possible catches when you go sport fishing in Cap Cana. Just inquire at the Marina. You’ll be hooked.
So who’s in? All you have to do is call 1-800-915-3162 and one of our sea-phisticated BhDs will set you up pronto on an all-inclusive Cap Cana vacation. If you want to see all the other dreamtastic beaches in the Caribbean and Mexico that we can whisk you away to, take a look at our site. Remember, no matter what the issue, the solution is always “beach.”