Gosh, we love Minnie and Mickey. But if we’re very honest, taking your kids to Disney World can be a beat down. Seriously, the beach is a much better place for the whole family, and not just your precious ankle biters. Here’s a look at the 6 reasons a beach vacation beats a trip to Disney – any beachy day of the week.
1. No Long lines. You know these. You stand and wait. Stand and wait. And then you stand and wait some more. All for a brief moment of ecstasy for your kids that is soon forgotten, and replaced by yet another long line that leads to this promised land of exhilaration. And then you do the same thing. You stand. And wait. And you do this. ALL. DAY. LONG. At the beach, the only lines you’ll ever see are…wait for it…tan lines. Further, if you do end up waiting, it’s for your cocktail to arrive. Another wave to roll in. Or for your massage to begin. The whole idea is that at an all-inclusive resort, the staff waits on and for you. Not the other way around, like it is at that place that shall not be named, but you know exactly the spot we’re talking about.
2. No Nap Areas. We all know the power of naps. At Disney World, the only place to lay your head might be on the lap of Goofy. That is a terrifying prospect. At the beach aka Nap Central you’ll have soft, powdery sand and cushy loungers by the beach or pool for hours of napping and chillaxing. Your kids might not be as sleep-deprived like you are, and like to run around, but compared to Disney, you can get leagues more soul-nourishing rest when you choose the beach as a vacation destination. We’re getting sleepy just talking about this, and need a nap, which is actually one of the more practical reasons a beach vacation beats a trip to Disney.
3. You Don’t Have to be a Human ATM. That’s what this feels like. At every turn in Disney Land you’re paying out the wazoo. Like $50 for a Coke. Not really. But you know what we mean. At an all-inclusive resort, you don’t ever have to touch the green stuff. Unless you want to, of course. To see our take on tipping at an all-inclusive resort, read what we have to say. But again, it’s optional. The point of an all-inclusive vacation is just that: all the money exchanging is removed so you can focus on the critical task of your much-needed, much-deserved downtime. This might be the most important of the 6 reasons a beach vacation beats a trip to Disney.
4. Resorts Have Kids’ Clubs. Truth is, Disney Land is unequivocally a kids’ mecca. However, if you’re talking about your little ones actually making friends at Disney, it’s not likely. Not when when you’re globbed into a mass of people who are tired, anxious, hungry and broke standing in long lines so their kids can get a few minutes of cartoony fun. At most all-inclusive resorts, there’s a super fun club where kids can be kids. They can build sand castles, even compete in contests building them. They might even make you a shell necklace during arts and crafts – much better than the puka shell you’re presently wearing. They have their own pool so that splashy water doesn’t end up in your perfectly prepared margarita. Yet another one of the best reasons a beach vacation beats a trip to Disney.
5. You Get a Break. More about the kids’ club and why a beach vacation beats a trip to Disney. Since kids’ clubs are always supervised, you can really let loose. Maybe snooze by the pool. Get a massage. Walk on the beach with yourwife/husband/partner/friend/relative/newfriend/waiter. As much as you love your progeny and we know you love them to bits (we do, too), you deserve some time away to rejuvenate. Recharge. And load up on that patience that you so desperately need when you’re with them. Note: make sure before you book your resort that they do, in fact, have a dedicated kids’ club. Nevertheless, having an adult time out is a very good reason that a beach vacation beats a trip to Disney, no?
6. There’s No Sand n’ Surf at D-Land. This one is sad. For you, we mean. Because in your heart of hearts, while you were traversing the castle-laden, character-cluttered terrain of (at times) mind-numbing Disney World, you very well might have been searching for this land of milk and honey, this place we call “the beach.” Luckily, when you go to the beach, guess what? It’s there! That turquoise water and toe-loving, powdery soft sand, along with shimmering pools with cushy loungers (some have those exotic Bali beds), unlimited food and drinks. But that’s not all. You can also dive into water sports with your kiddos, walk on the beach, watch the sunset. There is such a variety of experiences to relish when you take your family on an all-inclusive beach vacation – you won’t be boxed into the one-note festivities of Disney.
So who’s ready to go to the beach on an all-inclusive vacation? Good, because CheapCaribbean has tons of all-inclusive beach vacations for you to choose from. Need a little help pulling this all together? No problem. Just call 1-800-915-3162 and one of our very smart, sand-and-surf-informed Beachologists will set you up on a deliriously fun, all-inclusive vacation getaway for your whole family. Or if you want to browse yourself, check out all our vacation packages to the Caribbean and Mexico. Not to be proud, but we really do have the best all-inclusive, wallet-loving escapes around. Everyone else is, well, Mickey Mouse.