So, you might be wondering: why visit Cabo? Is Sammy Haggar’s place the only spot to hit? Further, why does everyone get all excited when someone says they’re going? Well, there’s plenty to talk about it. Here are the top 8 reasons to go to Cabo San Lucas and why it’s one of those tropical vacations that is always your best go-to for getting out of town.
1. Incredibly Perfect Weather. You might be wondering: when is the best time to visit Cabo? It seems like every time we go, the weather is near perfect at this gem on the tip of Baja California. But just in case you’re planning your trip right now, here’s the scoop for the year. In January, the temperature is around 66 Fahrenheit, which while a bit low, is still better than being in the ice and snow. In June, it tends to rain, but it doesn’t last long. Most seaside destinations get their share of rain during the day for a bit, then it clears right up. In August, the temp is around 83 Fahrenheit most of the time. Simply, put it’s one of those beach getaways that is eternally awesome. It’s no surprise the epic weather is #1 of our 8 reasons to go to Cabo.
2. Stunning Landscape. Our heart kind of skips a beat when we land and see the majestic rock formations, Los Arcos, rising out of the cerulean ocean. This escape haven has fringy palms, brilliant tropical blooms and lush flora. The skies are the bluest blues and the ocean breeze will soothe whatever is ailing body and soul. It’s a beach wonderland that we can’t get enough of.
3. Stellar Golf. Name a golf pro and they’ve got a signature course here – you’ll see Jack Nicklaus and Greg Norman’s names nearly everywhere you turn. But here’s a cool thing: Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort has the best of both esteemed pros: a “composite” course designed by both Nicklaus and Norman. It’s got elevations changes aka hills and vistas that will knock you out. Many courses have breathtaking views of the deep blue and are hugged by palm trees and native shrubs. Simply put, there are many greens that you can discover and fall in love with.
4. Super Easy to Access. Cabo is situated on the tip of Baja California, just below SoCal, where the Sea of Cortez is on the eastern side and the Pacific is on the west. You can get flights from most larger cities in the U.S. and Canada. Depending on where you are, you can get direct flights. You might wonder if Cabo San Lucas is safe. Answer: it’s not only a tourist mecca and beach town, it’s also sequestered at the bottom of Baja. You’ll be away from the mainland, and probably your biggest risks will be sunburns and hangovers. Another question that is often asked is, “Do you need a passport?” Yes. Make sure your passport is current. Also, there’s a new online immigration form that makes entering Mexico a lot easier. How’s that for yet another reason to go to Cabo?
5. Aahsome World-Class Spas. There’s nothing like a massage after leaving the real world and landing in paradise. Cabo caters to world travelers the world over and has many luxurious places for chillaxing. Breathless Los Cabos Resort & Spa has killer views along with body-slaying treatments like a Chocolate Body Wrap and Papaya and Pineapple Mani/Pedi. Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort has a full menu of amazing stress-smashing options like the De-Stressing Swedish Massage and Sculpting Green Coffee Wrap. Other resorts that have wonderful spas include the Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos and Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort. Getting massage outside under the palms with a view of the Sierra Madres is just about as close to heaven as you can get. (We could actually stop here with the reasons to go to Cabo, but won’t. There’s too much more to love. )
6. Crazy Fun Nightlife. Beach Lovers, this is the epicenter of Beach Party Central, starting with the most famous of all night spots, Sammy Haggar’s Cabo Wabo. Over the years, though, other equally tantalizing hot spots have come into vogue that you’ll want to check out: Monkey Business Bar, Baja Junkie and El Squid Roe, along with Cabo Blue and Tanga Tanga. There are many, many bars that you can breeze in and out of. Trust us, you’ll never be bored. Of all the reasons to go to Cabo, partying is eternally one of the best.
7. Off-the-Charts Cuisine. If you want some food to accompany your cocktails, you’ve got a lot of choices: everything from taco stands to five-star restaurants. The Office at the Beach is where you can find it all: breakfast, lunch and dinner. Start the day with Machaca Beef with Egg Burritos or a smoothie. Lunch on Grilled Fresh Sea Bass or Cazuela (seafood soup) and finish the day with Coconut Shrimp or Tuna Cajun. Tacos Gardenias, which is at the Marina, is the best place in town for yummy fare like fish tacos, Shrimp Special Molcajete and tortilla soup. If you want to go all out, Edith’s (also at the Marina) has an exquisite menu with dishes that include a Coqueta “flirt” salad (fresh greens, fruit and hibiscus flowers liquor), Aztec Soup (a fab variation on tortilla soup), Mesquite-grilled Catch-of-the-day and for dessert, Flan de la Casa. Noshing is (for sure) one of the most delicious reasons to go to Cabo.
8. Spectacular Sailing Hub. Here’s the deal: you can find scads of sea-worthy adventures – leisurely sunset sails, snorkeling/diving charters, luxury day sails, deep-sea sport fishing and more. Seeing Baja’s spectacular coast from the water is breathtaking and something you’ll definitely want to put on your Cabo bucket list.
So, have enough justifiable reasons to go to Cabo? Thought so. Just call 1-800-915-3162 and our Beachologists are ready and waiting to set you up on an all-inclusive vacation package to Cabo. If you want to check out of the lay of the sand on your own time, go here to peruse our all-inclusive vacation packages to other dream spots in the Caribbean and Mexico. What are you waiting for?